It’s not for no good reason that Albuquerque, NM is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country. This is reflected in its architecture, cultural landscape, artwork, and much more. When you make the move to this bustling city with a growing population of 1 to 2% annually, you will find out why it has earned its name as the cultural capital of the Southwest.
In this article, you can find out all the reasons to consider an Albuquerque, NM retirement!
Served By Eight Major Airlines
Every year, Albuquerque welcomes a large number of tourists, both domestic and international. Served by eight major commercial airlines, including Delta and United, the human traffic that passes through this busy city is a testament to the diversity of cultures that can be found here. From tourists to newly settled residents, you can bet that a melting point of cultures will always be a focal point in Albuquerque.
A Tourist Hotspot and Relocation Favorite
Besides the numbers telling us it is so, Albuquerque has earned many accolades that speak to its status as a tourist hotspot. This includes:
- Listed amongst the Best Small Cities by National Geographic
- Named one of the Hippest Cities Everyone Wants to Move to by The Insider
- Movie Maker named it one of the Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker
- Mentioned on the Where to Go in 2019 list by Afar
- … and lots more!
If you are looking for small city living in a welcoming location where diverse cultures meet, Albuquerque is the place for you!
What Else Can You Enjoy in Albuquerque, NM?
Residents of Albuquerque never have the chance to get bored with the wide selection of events, activities, and festivals going on all year round. Below are some events you absolutely cannot miss:
- The International Balloon Fiesta: Albuquerque is not known as the Hot Air Ballooning Capital of the World for nothing!
- The American International Rattlesnake Museum: Know someone who loves rattlesnakes, or maybe that person is you? Check out the largest collection of live rattlesnakes to be found anywhere in the world in Albuquerque!
- The KiMo Theater: Featuring a blend of Native American and Southwest cultures, this theater was renovated in the 2000s to its formal grandeur that reflects the roaring 1920s.
Check Out Our Senior Living Options at Morada Quintessence in Albuquerque, NM
Morada Quintessence is a popular retirement community of choice for older adults in the Albuquerque, NM area. On campus, you can make use of a full range of stylish amenities that include a well-stocked library, lush outdoor grounds, and a multifunctional games room. In your downtime, you can explore area attractions in Albuquerque and farther afield – it’s all up to you! You will find that you are free to customize a retirement lifestyle that suits your every need and caters to your preferences when you make the move with us today.