When transitioning to senior living, we understand that location is an important factor to consider. After all, you will want to be near modern conveniences as well as outdoor spaces you can relax and unwind in. Albuquerque, NM, can offer you everything you need.
About Albuquerque, Texas
Albuquerque is the most populous city in New Mexico and is also known by its abbreviation, ABQ. It is the fourth largest city in the Southwest. The city is part of the Rio Grande rift, with the Sandia Mountains a defining geographical feature that is visible within the state. As a historical Mexican and Spanish city, Catholicism is the predominant religion in Albuquerque.
Recreational Parks Around Albuquerque, TX
If you enjoy a relaxing day outdoors, below are some recreational parks to check out in Albuquerque:
- Rio Grande Nature Center State Park, a 38-acre urban park where two-thirds of the area is set aside for wildlife habitation.
- El Oso Grande Park, that literally translates as the “Big Bear Park”. Here, you can find the Bear Canyon Trails as well as playgrounds and picnic areas.
Popular Arts & Entertainment Near Albuquerque, TX
Is a day out sightseeing more your thing? Check out some of these arts & entertainment venues in Albuquerque:
- Albuquerque Little Theater, where you can catch a play and enjoy fine dining nearby.
- Albuquerque Museum of Art and History, where you can take a journey through local history.
- Maxwell Museum of Anthropology, which is part of the University of New Mexico.
Recommended Senior-Friendly Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Albuquerque, TX
We all enjoy some retail therapy and getting a bite to eat when you are ready to take a break. Below is a list of dining and shopping outlets to check out:
- Cottonwood Mall, featuring a range of well-known brands including JC Penney, Dillard’s, and Regal Cinema. You can also find a good mix of small businesses in the mall.
- ABQ Upton Mall is a luxury outdoor mall that comprises a good mixture of shopping and dining outlets. Premium outlets include Nike, Coach, Puma, Fossil, and more. When you are feeling puckish, simply stop by California Pizza Kitchen, Sushi Freak, or Sahara Express to get your cravings satisfied.
Best Schools Near Albuquerque, TX
Albuquerque Public Schools is the largest school district in the state. Below is a list of nearby schools:
- Hubert H Humphrey Elementary School
- Double Eagle Elementary School
- Desert Ridge Middle School
- Public Academy for Performing Arts
- La Cueva High School
Why Choose Morada Quintessence’s Retirement Community in Albuquerque?
Looking to make the move to senior assisted living, or take a break with senior respite care? Check out our retirement community at Morada Quintessence today. Situated in Albuquerque, NM, residents can benefit from a range of onsite amenities including a multifunctional games room, a well-stocked library, as well as beautifully landscaped grounds. In addition, regularly scheduled trips to local attractions allow residents to get off campus as and when they wish, ensuring that there’s always plenty to fill your day with.
To learn more about living in Morada Quintessence, contact us today.